Foldable IBC 250L
This IBC 250 Liter (Intermediate Bulk Container) can be delivered either Flat-packed or as Direct-Use.
There are 2 pieces of 250 Liter on 1 pallet.
Ideal for filling different batches of products
So you have all the advantages of comparable IBC’s (Schutz, Mauser, Sotralens, etc) but with all the advantages of a Bag in Box packaging. As:
- No air inside the IBC 250L, the liner (inner bag) contains no air;
- No possibility of pollution
- No introduction of air during filling / emptying
- No foaming during filling
- No dehydration of the filled product on the top (skin formation)
- UV (light) protection of outer packaging.
- High insulation properties of the cardboard compared to conventional IBC’s.
- Foldable; Packaging can be easily collapsed after use. Empty containers take up little space after use.
- Easy to recycle. The different components (wood, cardboard, and plastic) are easy to separate.
In comparison with foldable containers (Combo, Pallecon, etc) the 250L IBC package has some very important advantages.
- No rental, return or pooling obligations of the packaging.
- It can be delivered for Direct-Use, with the liner already placed in the IBC. With this you can immediately start filling your product.
- You have no stock of various packaging materials with mostly different packaging numbers. You order 10 IBC’s, you get 10 IBC’s either Flat-Packed or as Direct-Use.
- The inner bag (liner) is a so-called ‘Free Flow Gusset liner’, which unfolds completely on its own during filling. You do not have to pull the liner during filling to get 100% filled, which is the case with conventional liners.
Some short features of these 250 Liter IBC’s in a row:
- Content 2x IBC 250L.
- Suitable for all types of liquids, except for liquids which require a UN cat. packaging (dangerous goods).
- Suitable and approved for foods. Food certificates and / or migration reports available on request.
- Dimensions of the 2 packages together as Direct-Use is 120x80x85 cm (LxWxH incl pallet).
- Filling opening is an industrial standard with so-called ‘2 inch dairy thread’. This concerns DIN11851 thread in the dimension of 2 inches, or about 50mm. Therefore often referred to as ‘DN50’. A very standard thread in the food industry.
- Empty opening is a reclosable valve with so-called ‘2 inch dairy thread’. This concerns DIN11851 thread in the dimension of 2 inches, or about 50mm. Therefore often referred to as ‘DN50’. A very standard thread in the food industry.
- Pallet is a heavy duty new wooden 120×180 euro pallet, incl. heat treatment stamp
- Liner (inner bag) made from food grade LDPE 3 x 55 microns.
- Complete Direct-Use packaging is sealed for use, so that you or your customer are always ensured of a new, unused package.
- The Direct-Use IBC is attached to the pallet with premium strapping material (composite band) for optimum security.
- This IBC can be stacked 1 on 1 when assembled. Both static and dynamic.
Intermediate bulk containers demonstrate an overall increase in shipping and packing efficiency, especially when considering use of multiple IBC tanks: would be the equivalent of 24 55-gallon drums that would occupy 6 pallets, effectively saving 2 pallet spaces. Additionally, IBCs can be manufactured to a customer’s exact requirements in terms of capacity, dimensions, and material. Learn more about IBC’s at wikipedia